- Design Core
- Detroit City of Design
- Month of Design
- For Designers
- For Businesses and Community
Calling all manufactures, makers, limb loss community members, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, students, problem solvers, design faculty, business coaches, recreational athletes, and outdoor enthusiasts!!! Come brainstorm and prototype new adaptive active apparel, accessories and equipment for people in the limb loss community.
WHAT IS THE DESIGN JAM?
Design Jams shift product innovation, which typically happens behind a few closed doors, to a collective and open space - one where all types of voices influence the process. This event will bring together interdisciplinary teams to:
* Inspire innovation within the region's manufacturing sector;
* Catalyze collaborations between designers and manufacturers in the Metro Detroit region;
* Create solutions for recreational athletes with limb loss;
* Initiate relationships between designers, manufacturers, makers, service providers, and customers
Up to six multidisciplinary teams of 8-10 participants will be selected to participate in this 2 part hands-on design and prototyping challenge. Teams will be curated to ensure representation from student, faculty and professional designers, manufacturers, makers and entrepreneurs, business coaches, and end users from the limb loss community. Participants are expected to commit fully to both sessions.