On Thursday, June 14th Design Core Detroit will celebrate adaptive reuse projects at the Edison Boat Club during our monthly Drinks x Design series. View projects from organizations who have been a part of the renovation, and reuse, of pre-existing structures.
The Conners Creek Power Plant serves as the northern backdrop to the Boat Club and remains one the biggest and most challenging industrial sites in the city, yet offers much potential from a redevelopment perspective. For decades, the statuesque features of the plant provided navigational assistance, as a beacon, for approaching airplanes and water traffic. Participating designers include:
- SmithGroup JJR
- KRM Architecture
- Detroit Future City
- Outdoor Adventure Center
- Neumann/Smith Architecture
- Michigan Historic Preservation Network
- Detroit’s Brix Wine & Charcuterie Boutique
- City of Detroit, Department of Planning & Development
Travel & Parking
– Free onsite parking
– Be the first to RSVP. Only registered guests will be allowed to attend.